Monday, October 06, 2008

Me? Idiosyncrasies? Nah!


- id·i·o·syn·cra·sy – a personal peculiarity, mannerism; structural or behavioral characteristic peculiar to an individual or group

This is a meme I did on 9/21/05. Not sure who all is reading my journal these days or who enjoys memes so I hope you will play along.


Write down five of your own personal idiosyncrasies and then, if you wish, tag five people. Include your list in the comments here or, if you have a journal, come back and add a link in the comments section, so we can check out your personal quirks. It’s only fair!!


1. I do not talk when I first wake up. I am so not a morning person and for at least thirty minutes my Greta Garbo attitude, "I vant to be alone!" is in full swing. I don't smoke or drink coffee so I just have to wait for something to kick-start my day. Any suggestions?




2. I have a thing about soup broth with anything floating in it. I can eat a thick beef stew but I just cannot stomach a vegetable soup. If it is a thin liquid with floaty things, I'm outta there.





3. Don't ask me to work up a sweat! I do not care if it is an activity I love or not, I do not ever want to feel drops of moisture forming on my body, much less rolling off of me.




4. I cannot sleep unless a fan is blowing directly on me. Ceiling fans are not enough - they are too far away.


5. I may not always remember a name but I NEVER seem to forget a face. Best example of this: I saw a distinguished man at church and realized he was the son of friends of my parents, in another city, when I was in Junior High and he was in college. And, it had been 25 years since I had last seen him or his family. I just had to approach him and verify that he was the guy I remembered. Yes, it was and he was married and a father of three teenagers by then. Freaky!





Okay. That is enough about me. Now about you.

5 comments:

betty said...

I'm still reading you, Donna; I'm just trying to still learn to navigate myself around Blogger and making sure I keep up with everyone; this was cute to read; I was going to suggest you exercise to get yourself going in the morning but then I saw you don't like to work up a sweat; so now I'm not sure what to get you going; perhaps a dog that licks you face? I could send Koda to you :)

enjoy the day

betty

Missie said...

This is a cute meme!

Rose said...

I'm not a morning person either.

Hey, I got an email from AOL to transfer my journals...one went fairly smooth the other did not....so more work for me again.

Hugs,Rose
P.S. You are doing very nicely with yours.

Rose said...

Please note my blogger address is now: I had to change it in order for the migration to apply.

http://roses-are-read.blogspot.com/

Hugs, Rose

Melanie said...

I'm still reading you!!