I think one of the reasons I had not tried to get back into this old blog in so long was I did not feel I had anything interesting to say. That may be true but I'm still gonna say it.
So, if I had been writing over the last year or so I might have mentioned
- Tidbits about what the granddaughters were doing
- Stuff about my kids - even if they would prefer I didn't.
- I have lost 115 lbs. Wow! Looking at that I realize it is the equivalent of a whole small framed person.
- I also lost a lot of my hair along the way but most of it has come back. For those of you who have experienced it, it is a scary proposition.
- My job absolutely stinks but I keep saying I should be glad, in this economy, to be employed. Some days, yes. Many days, No!
- My friend and coworker, Karen, has colon cancer. She just found out a few weeks ago and it is stage 3-4. I think about this a lot and scold myself for whining over my little aches and pains.
- I think I have forgotten how to share my life with a man. I've enjoyed 'em when I had 'em but now I am way too independent. Or is that another way of saying "selfish"?
- I'm totally into photography these days. I love taking pictures of nature. I have taken some shots I really love, blown them up, matted and framed them. Maybe I can figure out how to share them here soon.
- In trying to "get a life" beyond the walls of work, I have recently seen a few movies, gone to a professional baseball game, been to a bluebonnet festival, enjoyed some azalea trails and joined an online dating service. What a hoot when my own doctor was one of the very first "matches" I was sent.
- I love Facebook and have reconnected with friends from long ago and far away.
That's a good start and the thing I need to remember the most is that I must start this little venture earlier in the evening from now on.