“Hellooooo!” she said in her best Mrs. Doubtfire imitation. Yes, I am back after more than a month without access to the computer in my new home. I have missed reading your journal entries on a regular basis and I have really missed adding my own journal posts!
So often, in the last few weeks, something would happen and I would think of adding to my journal. Getting everything to work again, after the move, has been a technological nightmare but I have to credit my daughter with finally reconnecting me to the outside world.
I love to keep things light and funny in this little piece of cyberspace so let me recap some of the events that would have been part or all of a journal post in the last five weeks:
1. Chasing my prescription from the dentist across two parking lots, a street and a field during a recent windstorm.
2. Five visits to the dentist. My random thoughts while under the gas were certainly blog worthy!
3. Losing a temporary crown just as visitors from Corporate came to see our new office operations. That post would have been titled “Fixodent: A Little Dab Will Do Ya”
4. Having a cricket jump up my pants leg while I was on the phone at work.
5. Right after I moved, I unexpectedly found myself with no electricity in the middle of the night. I almost broke my neck stumbling over boxes as I tried to find candles and matches using the only available light … the glow from my dying cell phone.
6. “Fun with Duct Tape” (I had no idea it came in camouflage!)
7. Casino Night at the company Christmas party. I could do no wrong that night playing Texas Hold ‘Em poker and wound up going head to head against my boss.
Things are very busy at work and I am still trying to dig out from under the schtuff I felt compelled to move but I will make a concerted effort to get back in the habit of adding to my blog. I have missed journaling and am soooo glad to be back.
Make it a great day!
1 day ago